Saturday, January 13, 2007

New Year, New Focus

I have decided to ressurrect this blog for two reasons.


One is the challenges set by Ali Edwards through her Life Artist Newsletter at http://aliedwards.typepad.com.

One Word Challenge

My 2007 word is ORGANISE.

I would like to organise my study, thinking, reading, chores, home and family ( just kidding). I wish to bring peace and calm to my world in what is going to be a very busy year - I'm studying, Rach in year 3, jay in Year 1 and Miles starts preschool.


The second is to record my reading for 2007. I have joined the 2007 TBR Challenge at http://cafe-books.blogspot.com.

My 12 TBR books for 2007 are:-


Life of Pi - Yann Martel
House Corrino - Brian Herbert & Kevin Andersen
The Vinter's Luck - Elizabeth Knox
The Shipping News - Annie Proulx
Tully - Paullina Simons
The Known World - Edward P Jones
The Secret River - Kate Grenville
The World According to Garp - John Irving
Alias Grace - Margaret Atwood
Year of Wonders - Geraldine Brooks
The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
The Lady and the Unicorn - Tracy Chevalier

Extra Credit List

True History of the Kelly Gang - Peter Carey
The Well of Lost Plots - Jasper Fforde
Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
Over sea Under Stone - Susan Cooper
The Tale of Murasaki - Liz Dalby
Charlotee's Web - EB White

No comments: